The Open Source Technology Center within the Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) is seeking a ChromeOS Media Software Developer who can create Linux components and enhance the ChromeOS stack to optimize the media experience for the end user on the latest Intel platforms and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree with 4 years' experience, a Master's degree with 3 years' experience, or a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field and 1 year of experience
- 4 years of hands-on C/C++ development and optimization experience on multiple platforms
- 3 years of experience in Linux user-space system level or library development and debug
- ChromeOS Multimedia framework knowledge (i.e., WebRTC, NACL Media API, Chromium Media Pipeline, Video Encode/Decode Acceleration)
- Linux Multimedia libraries and framework knowledge (i.e., Libva, Libvdpau, ffmpeg, OpenMAX, Gstreamer, V4L2, OpenCL, Libdrm, Mesa)
- Working with the Open Source Software Community, including success with upstreaming code
- Familiar with Intel x86/x86_64 Architecture
- Strong knowledge of Linux development tools and Linux system software development
- Strong foundation of computer architecture, Linux kernel concepts and framework, and computer algorithms
- Linux, Android or Chrome OS porting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and development experience working with both hardware and software codec solutions in the area of video and audio decode/encode
- Experience with image/video capture and rendering use cases, especially when used in hardware abstraction layers for multiple platforms
- Experience with video streaming protocols, RTP/RTSP, HTTP/HTTPS (live and progressive).
- Solid background in unit testing, system testing and debugging techniques
- Experience working within a developer-run Agile/Scrum team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to work in cross-geo and cross-functional groups
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: USA-Oregon, Hillsboro
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Jun 6, 2014
Business Group The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Posting Statement: Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Developer, Media, Electrical, Linux, Testing, Technology, Marketing, Engineering