Submitted by Samuel Ortiz, updated on 5 Aug 2010
Less than 2 weeks after the 0.55 release, we've just tagged the ConnMan tree and released version 0.56.
This one comes with the following new features and improvements:
- IPv6 initial support: Only static configuration is supported for now.
- DHCP-lib: Internal DHCP library, primarily based on udhcp. There is a dhcp client plugin using DHCP-lib but for now the ISC dhclient plugin is still our default DHCP client. Eventually we will switch to the DHCP-lib based one.
- On demand connection initial support: Although the feature is disabled for now, we're able to automatically enable networking upon users trying to reach the internet. The missing part is the disconnect on idle traffic one, stay tuned...
- VPN provider service integration: VPN providers are now regular services, except that they're not tied to any network. Eventually those providers will be provisioned through the ConnMan .config files.
- WPAD proxy autoconfiguration: We try to find the right wpad.dat file for you and export it through the service API. To resolv the WPAD URL we use our new internal asynchronous resolver library.
- DHCP domain names are being fetched and exported now.
- The udhcp and resolvconf plugins are gone.
- Bug fixes: 2640, 3398, 3719, 3967, 4002, 4809