ConnMan 1.22 was released Sunday, March 9th, 2014.
With this release wpa_supplicant version 2.0 or later is recommended as it properly implements retrying of wrong passphrases with identical code being removed from ConnMan. Earlier versions of wpa_supplicant still work, except that they in certain corner cases may report a passphrase being wrong when it actually isn't. In addition, this release has improved especially in the following areas:
- DHCPv4 has received Init-Reboot support (Zhang Zhengguang) and the Renew and Rebind timers have been fixed with respect to the RFC (Andrew LeCain)
- A USB gadget device can be used as Internet uplink (Glenn Schmottlach)
- Wpa_supplicant version 2.0 or later now properly retries a wrong passphrase and therefore the implementation on ConnMan side has been removed (Philippe Coval). A WPS sync-up issue has been found and fixed (Maneesh Jain)
- Use DNS servers only from the service that has the default route (Patrik Flykt) or is a split routed VPN (Jukka Rissanen)
- Session code improvements (Daniel Wagner, Patrik Flykt) and removal of NFACCT for accounting
- Improved command line client completion support (Patrik Flykt)
Various other improvements include an example provisioning file for the Eduroam WiFi network, proper handling of WiSPR redirect (Hannu Mallat), systemd config file fixes (Jonathan Liu) and a few fixes for NTP handling issues (Jukka Rissanen). Thanks for all the hard work and bugfixes go to Alban Crequy, Anderson Lizardo, Andrew LeCain, Claudio Takahasi, Daniel Wagner, Glenn Schmottlach, Hannu Mallat, Jonathan Liu, Jukka Rissanen, Luiz Augusto von Dentz, Maneesh Jain, Marcel Holtmann, Patrik Flykt, Philippe Coval, Tomasz Bursztyka, Tysen Moore, Zhang Zhengguang, BMW, Collabora, Intel, Jolla, OpenBossa, Eurologiciel and Samsung. Quite a few new names and companies!
ConnMan 1.22 can be downloaded from:
ConnMan is available via git at:
Web interface to the git repository: