This Project Provides: Middleware for wireless provisioning source code.
The Value of the CPClient Project
CPClient is used with Provman, another open source project found here.
The CPClient is a middleware component that provides support for wireless provisioning of application and connection settings.
CPClient implements the OMA Client Provisioning (CP) protocol controlling application and connection settings. It works with Provman, which directly modifies application and connection settings.
It exposes d-Bus APIs that offer the following functionality:
- Authenticates OMA CP WAP Push messages
- Provides clients with a summary of OMA CP message contents
- Applies the settings contained in OMA CP messages
Who It’s For
CPClient is for mobile application developers and system developers.
To integrate the CPClient:
- Create an application that listens for OMA CP WAP Push messages and implements the OMA CP UI.
- Create Provman plugins for the targeted platform if they do not already exist.
This project is a stable code base made freely available. CPClient is distributed under the LGPL open source license and is written in C programming language.
About Intel Involvement
Intel is the leading contributor to CPClient, enabling application and system developers with an open source mobile solution for wireless provisioning that have been optimized for the Intel® Atom™ processors and Intel® Core™ processors.