The CPClient is a middleware component that provides support for over the air provisioning of application and connection settings. It exposes d-Bus APIs that offer the following functionalities:
- Authenticate OMA CP WAP Push messages
- Provide clients with a summary of OMA CP message contents
- Apply the settings contained in OMA CP messages
It does not provide a complete OMA CP provisioning solution. For example, it does not include a UI to display the details of a newly received provisioning message. Nor does it include code to listen for the arrival of such messages. In addition, the CPClient does not directly modify application and connection settings. Rather, it delegates these tasks to another component called Provman. The reason that this functionality is not included in the CPClient is that the CPClient is designed to be portable and unfortunately, user interfaces and the APIs for receiving WAP Push messages and configuring device settings, tend to be very platform specific.
To integrate the CPClient into your platform you need to perform two steps:
- Create an application that listens for OMA CP WAP Push messages and that implements the OMA CP UI.
- Create Provman plugins for your platform if they do not already exist.
How to contact us
Please visit our community page and use our IRC channel, mailing list, bug tracker, and source repository to contact us and contribute to the project.