Intel GVT-g ISO for 2018-Q1 Release
We are pleased to release the Intel GVT-g ISO which contains all the 2018-Q1 updates for both KVMGT and XenGT. The setup guide is embedded in ISO, please refer to README file for more details.
- Server platforms: Intel(r) Xeon(r) E3_v4, E3_v5 and E3_v6 with Intel Graphics processor
- Client platforms: Intel(r) Core(tm) 5th generation (code name: Broadwell), 6th generation (code name: Skylake) and 7th generation (code name: Kabylake)
Guest Operation System Validated
- Windows7 32-bit, Window7 64-bit, Windows8.1 64-bit, Windows10 64-bit
- Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
Major Changes from Q3’2017 Release
- This update is based on kernel version 4.14 and Qemu version 2.10 and Xen 4.10.
- Improve stability of Live Migration feature with internal stress test passed.
- Implement dmabuf-based Guest VM framebuffer sharing for KVMGT. With adding GTK and Spice dmabuf support in Qemu (to be in Qemu 2.12), local and remote display use cases are preliminarily enabled.
- Improve GVT health on IOMMU enabled platform by fixing high DMA setup overhead issue for KVMGT.
- More bug fixing, code refinement and debugging interface enhancement, please refer to git log.
Refer to Q1’18 KVMGT and XenGT release notes for more details.
ISO download link:
Official GVT-g portal:
Please subscribe to join the mailing list if you want to learn more about GVT-g project:
Please subscribe to join the mailing list if you want to contribute/review latest GVT-g upstream patches:
Note: The KVMGT and XenGT project should be considered a work in progress. As such it is not a complete product nor should it be considered one. Extra care should be taken when testing and configuring a system to use the KVMGT and XenGT project.