Examples of Immersive Media Use Cases
- 360-degree live streaming: Companies are now able to live-stream events, such as concerts or sporting matches, to a variety of consumption platforms with high visual fidelity.
- AR-guided service procedures: AR offers a strong potential for guiding factory workers, warehouse employees, and technicians in daily procedures, equipment operation, and maintenance tasks, using instructions overlaid on AR head-mounted displays or smart glasses. Guidance can be delivered by video, audio, or as text lists of steps in a procedure. More sophisticated applications can provide immediate feedback by observing and commenting on worker actions.
- VR enhanced location-based experiences: On-premises immersive experiences are being used broadly in a number of consumer-focused ways. The number of VR arcades has been growing globally, as have the number of businesses augmenting tourist destination experiences.
List of Immersive Media Open Source Ingredients
To learn more about the individual open source ingredients that make up the Immersive Media Pipeline and services, follow the links below.
- Scalable Video Technology (SVT) - Developer home
- OpenVINO™ Toolkit - Developer home
- Intel® Media SDK - Developer home
- FFMPEG - Project home
- GStreamer - Project home
Getting Started with Dockerfiles
To help developers get started with setting up a server image and configuring everything needed, we have created Dockerfiles to build containers that are easy to evaluate on private or public clouds. To get started, visit our Docker home page to learn about Dockerfiles and how to install them. If you just want to jump right in, visit the Immersive Media Dockerfile page.