Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Fedora 23 Lenovo T450 Docking Station/Monitors detection

3 posts / 0 new
Christophe Demez's picture
Starter
Christophe Demez

Mar 21, 2016 - 05:53am

• Hi there,

Updated my Fedora 23 setup (Lenovo T450, ThinkPad Ultra Dock, Eizo EV2216W) this morning with Intel Graphics Installer for Linux* 1.4.0

I've experienced login screen corruption/glitch, second monitor connected through a docking station was no more detected after login (xrandr). Uninstalled through dnf > history, things went back to normal.

Any idea?

Mar 21, 2016 - 05:53am
  • The only thing I can think of is that the official fedora xorg intel driver package is carrying a patch that upstream doesn't have.
    Was there anything informative in dmesg's output or in the Xorg log?

Mar 21, 2016 - 01:11pm
  • I had the same problem with Lenovo T440. The drivers in Fedora 23 repo are older. Now, when I know where is the problem, I can reinstall the new drivers, run whatever diagnostics would be useful, and remove it again. I have never done that, so running `dmesg` and listing `/var/log/Xorg.0.log` would do?

Apr 18, 2016 - 06:25am
  • It's usually a good place to start since it lets us see what the kernel logged and what heppened while X was starting up. What happened here (we've recently discovered) is that the Fedora packages were built from a developement branch of the xorg driver which had not been released, so although they had the same version (plus a datestamp) they were actually significantly different to what we'd put into the 01.org repo (which was the released version).

We should be pushing a package soon which fixes that, and now we know to watch out for this in upcoming releases so it shouldn't happen again.

Apr 18, 2016 - 09:12am