Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

I need help on celeron J1900, please

10 posts / 0 new
Vazquez's picture
Starter
Vazquez

Apr 02, 2016 - 03:03pm

• Hi, sorry for my bad english.

I have a nuc like pc with a j1900 celeron with Fedora 23 installed. The only screen resolution is 1280x800. I've installed the intel graphics driver but no change anything. I have in the kernel boot the parameter nomodeset because if not then a black screen appears.

I've read many, many forums but no solution.

My "lspci" is:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display [8086:0f31] (rev 0e) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        DeviceName:  Onboard IGD
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display [8086:0f31]
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
        Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
        Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        I/O ports at f080 [size=8]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
        Capabilities: [b0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=07 <?>
        Kernel modules: i915

I don't see the phrase "kernel driver in use" then i think that something is wrong.

Many thanks in advance.

Apr 02, 2016 - 03:03pm
  • Hm. Would you mind sharing your dmesg output (or journalctl -ab -k) just after booting up?
    Maybe also your Xorg log (/var/log/Xorg.0.log or similar)

Apr 05, 2016 - 09:51am
  • Hi Vivek, thanks for response.

My dmesg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qclgcttugcqt7iv/dmesg.txt?dl=0

My X log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3k52lx2gyaavls/Xorg.0.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance.

Apr 06, 2016 - 12:00am
  • From what I can see, the i915 module matches the GPU you have - I suspect the nomodeset kernel parameter is stopping it.
    I think if you want to pass nomodeset you also have to pass i915.modeset=0 as a kernel parameter: Try that.

Apr 06, 2016 - 06:26pm
  • The same effect that the parameter "nomodeset". Now i have only "i915.modeset=0" in my kernel parameters line but still 1280x1024 fix resolution.

Thanks.

Apr 07, 2016 - 10:38am
  • Hm - try it with both nomodeset and i915.modeset - and copy your full kernel command line here please.

Apr 12, 2016 - 11:59am
  • Hi. I tried but no result.

This is my grub.cfg:

GRUB_TIMEOUT="5"
    GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
    GRUB_DEFAULT="saved"
    GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU="true"
    GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="console"
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nomodeset i915.modeset=0"
    GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""

Thanks in advance.

Apr 13, 2016 - 12:25pm
  • Ok. I'm not sure I have anything else to offer at this point but I'll pass your problem along to the developers and see if they can shed any more light on it.

Apr 18, 2016 - 09:13am
  • Ok. Many thanks.

Apr 18, 2016 - 11:22am
  • Hello, I think it's time to get more kernel graphics developers looking at your bug.  Please file a bug in https://bugs.freedesktop.org/, against product DRI and component DRM/Intel. Make sure to include the following information:

• A clear subject describing the issue.
    • Steps to reproduce the issue. 
    • How often does the steps listed above trigger the issue? For example: always, 1 out 3 times.
    • The following information about your system:
      • -- system architecture: ("uname -m")
      • -- kernel version: ("uname -r"). Again, please consider using latest drm-intel-nightly from http://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel
      • -- Linux distribution:
      • -- Machine or mother board model:
      • -- Display connector: (such as HDMI, DP, eDP, ...)
    •  A full dmesg with debug information and/or a GPU crash dump
      • To obtain a dmesg with debug information, add drm.debug=0xe to your kernel command line or, if you have display issues with kernel 4.1 or newer, use drm.debug=0x1e log_buf_len=1M instead. Then, reboot and reproduce the issue again. Make sure to attach the full dmesg all the way from boot.
      • In the case of a GPU hang, dmesg will contain a "GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error" message. The contents of that file are crucial to debugging the issue. Note that the contents of that file are generated by the kernel when it is read, so it will appear to have zero bytes. Reading the file contents with cat will produce the expected result. For example, use
        $ cat /sys/class/drm/card0/error | bz2 > error.bz2

Note that a new bug is preferred over adding your GPU crash dump to an already open bug. Most often the cause for the GPU hangs are different, and it is easy for the developers to mark bugs as duplicate.

• Other attachments if relevant:
      • screenshot or photo (a picture is worth a thousand words);
      • output of "xrandr --verbose" for display mode issue;
      • intel_reg_dumper output (see the guide) and VBIOS dump (see the guide) for display issues;
      • for GPU hang, get the last batch buffer (see the guide);
      • for suspend/resume problems, refer to the guide.

Developers may ask for additional information. In that case, the bug status will be changed to NEEDINFO. Once you provide the requested information, change the status of the bug to its previous value.

Apr 19, 2016 - 02:40pm
  • Ok. Thanks.

Apr 20, 2016 - 02:04pm