Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Is this the right driver for Intel HD Graphics 5000 using elementary OS Luna?

1 post / 0 new
Anna Sullivan's picture
Starter
Anna Sullivan

Dec 12, 2014 - 07:48am

• Newbie here looking for help today...

I am just about to install elementary OS Luna on my new Intel NUC. From what I have read, I need to install a driver for Intel HD Graphics 5000. This site's driver says it only works on Ubuntu 14.04 OS and I believe Luna is built on Ubuntu 12.04...

Please help! I'm going to install OS on my new NUC this evening, and as a complete Linux newbie, I'm concerned about Luna not working properly on my new hardware. From all the distros I've looked at, I like elementary OS the best.

Any and all answers appreciated to help me locate the correct driver, or to choose the right OS for my new NUC!

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2014 - 07:48am
  • In the linux world graphics drivers are usually shipped as part of the kernel (albeit
    as modules which are only loaded if they are needed): This means that the main
    thing that affects whether you have a driver for your hardware is the kernel version.

If you can install a kernel on your OS that is of an equal or later version than is
    available on the version of Ubuntu you mentioned, I would expect that to be enough
    to provide the same level of support.

Dec 12, 2014 - 11:33am