Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Unable to play all kinds of video with Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller

3 posts / 0 new
Davide Aiello's picture
Starter
Davide Aiello

Feb 26, 2016 - 10:25am

• I'm trying to figure out how to configure the driver on my computer witch mounts a Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller.

I'm using Lubuntu 15.10 on a 32bit machine. I downloaded the intel graphic installer for linux and i started it.

Seems like it was working, but when i try to play any kind of video using mplayer or vlc, i can only hear the sound and no video is displayed.

I've search for a solution in this forum and on internet in general, but i didn't find the one good for me.

Can someone help me please?

Feb 26, 2016 - 10:25am
  • Which video output method are mplayer and vlc using? If you choose a different one, does it work?

mplayer -vo help

will list the available video output options.

Might also be worth capturing the mplayer output from the terminal you run it in and pasting it here - it may contain clues.

Mar 01, 2016 - 06:43am
  • Thank you for your interest.

I discovered that was not a driver problem, but a graphical acceleration one.

Infact when i started mplayer from terminal i noticed the following error:

intel_do_flush_locked failed input/output error

(I can't capture more output because I've already fixed it, but this was the main part).

I've searched the error on internet and I've found this useful link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2302790&page=2

and i fixed my problem following the istructions in this other link:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2182033

By the way I couldn't have fixed this without your advice (I'm not an expert user).

Mar 08, 2016 - 07:08am
  • Glad to hear you got it sorted out - might be worth filing a bug with ubuntu to let them know you had to do this, they might want to fix this in their automatic onfiguration setup.

Mar 08, 2016 - 07:16am