Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Debian 7u1 Intel 945GM SVDO-output resolution + dual screen problems

1 post / 0 new
Ulm Stefan's picture
Starter
Ulm Stefan

Sep 27, 2013 - 09:07am

• I hva two problems on my advantech aimb-210 embedded board, where the SVDO (LVDS2) is connected to a 1280x1024 Display through LVDS-cable, on which I installed debian 7 (withouth Desktop) with Xorg and chromium:

1.) I'm able to run X window manager on the connected Display, but only in 800x600 and not in 1280x1024 resolution. I tried to install the intel graphics Linux driver listed for ubuntu 13, but I get the error, that the used distribution is not supported. By playing around with xorg.conf I could reach to get the right resolution from "xrandr" output and to run a qt-application in the right resolution mode, but X window manager keeps running in wrong resolution 800x600. Here is the output of "uname -a": Linux 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.46-1+deb7u1 i686 GNU/Linux

VGA-Output is listet in "xrandr" output as "VGA1", SDVO-Output is listed there as "LVDS2".

2.) I want to realize cloned Display on the VGA-Connector by connect it to an external VGA-Monitor. The problem is, whenever I connect the VGA-Monitor, the Monitor remains black. WHen I restart X window manager with the connected VGA-Monitor, my Display (connected through LVDS) remains black (totally off, also no background light) and on my external Monitor I can see the X window manager running. I tried a lot within xorg.conf, but weren't able to solve the problem. When I make a check with "Xrandr"-command I can see:

- With connected Monitor I see "LVDS2 disconnected" and "VGA1" connected

- With disconnected external Monitor I see "LVDS2 connected" and "VGA1" disconnected.

Has anybody experience on Debian 7 or any Hint for me to solve these problems?

Sep 27, 2013 - 09:07am