Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Fail with Ubuntu 13.04 and Intel 3600

2 posts / 0 new
Hristov's picture
Starter
Hristov

Jul 17, 2013 - 11:54pm

• I have Acer Aspire One D270 with intel GMA 3600. When i tried to install video drivers with Intel(R) Linux* Graphics Installer version 1.0.1 for Ubuntu* 13.04 (32-bit) it fails. 

You don't seem to have an intel graphics card, so no updates needed.What do I need to do now? 

Tell me in detail, cause i am so noob with Linux =[ 

Jul 17, 2013 - 11:54pm
  • Reproduced from the FAQ page:

Due to the complex package dependencies of the binary graphics drivers for the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series used in the Intel® Atom™ Processor N2600 Series and Intel® Atom™ Processor N2800 Series, supported drivers are only available through your device manufacturer or through Linux distributions providing support for the Intel® GMA 3600. An unsupported version of the binary driver is also available at

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty, and is bound by the license terms included with the download package.

Jul 25, 2013 - 10:01am
  • Anar,

I would advise not using Meego (discontinued) or the Intel software provided in 2012 (closed source and  unsupported).  Find a distro like Xubuntu that can autoselect kernel module gma500_gfx and Xorg video driver modesetting for you.  This will allow you to at least get full use of the monitor resolution.  Unfortunately, Cedar Trail (PowerVR + Intel) is a dead end as far as Linux is concerned.  

I'm in the same shape as you.  I might re-install Windoze 7 and ebay this rig (Intel D2550MUD2 motherboard based).  I'll be very suspicious of Intel graphics and Atom CPUs in the future.

Oct 03, 2013 - 05:45am
  • Topic locked