Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

xf86-video-intel 2.99.916-3 gives me blurry graphics

0 posts / 0 new
Irina Pavlova's picture
Starter
Irina Pavlova

Oct 25, 2014 - 12:54am

• Hello

I have Intel HD Graphics; The "xf86-video-intel 2.99.916-3" driver installed (kernel-3.16.4); Currently I faced blurry graphics effect; I am not really sure what causes the discomfort for my eyes; I am not sure what exactly causes blurry-like graphics (please advise an analysing app to find out wrong video card options if they are) so I really need your advice so maybe I need some additional graphics settings; But the only thing I can say for sure I can see :

A) all the colors not as bright as they should be (? wrong color deep) B) mostly all fonts are too sharp (not as clear as they should be) C) lack of contrast (?wrong transparency level)

I really suspect some pixels have wrong color range... For example in case of fonts as if grey pixels are too grey so they seem black so all fonts shadows are too dark; Visually that makes lots of fonts not as clear as they should be;

So I need your advising me

A) An app which will tell me what video card options I need to have standart ones (something like "intel graphics media control" defaults ) B) How to set all the "standart" video card options in case of Linux (detailed tutorial) C) How to set contrast correctly and ?

Any helpful comment is much appreciated

Thanks

Oct 25, 2014 - 12:54am